Thailand is amazing from all angles – be it cultural aspects, adventure, leisure, wellness or watersports. It is the one destination that you will remember for a lifetime. Even though obtaining travel insurance is not mandatory for getting a Thai visa, it is always a good decision to opt for travel insurance, to get support when you are on your trip to Thailand.
Table of Contents
Things covered under Thailand travel insurance
- Emergency medical expenses
- Cost of dental treatments
- Daily allowance in case of hospitalization
- Cost incurred due to changes in travel plan
- Cost of legal assistance for claiming third-party benefits
- Loss/damage to your home while you are in Thailand
- Cost of compassionate visit by your immediate family
- Loss of luggage/ passport/ other important documents
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation
- Many other medical/ travel benefits
Things not covered under Thailand Travel Insurance
- Treatment for pre-existing illness
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Experimental treatments which are not proven
- Non-allopathic treatments
- Treatment for self-inflicted injuries
- Treatments which can be delayed until your return
- Injuries due to participation in adventure sports
- Injuries due to participation in military activities and warfare
How to Choose your Travel Insurance Plan
Travel insurance should cover every aspect of your trip, starting from your first flight to Thailand to your safe return back home. If you are planning to buy travel insurance thailand, there are so many factors that you need to consider before choosing the right travel insurance policy. Factors like the policy coverage, quantum of premium, procedure of claim/ compensation, benefits of the policy, etc. You should identify reliable insurance providers such as Bharti AXA travel insurance and compare their policies for the above mentioned factors and choose the correct one. The insurance provider should be offering these services at least…
- Online Application and Processing
The process of applying for an insurance policy and doing other necessary processes should be available online. Also, the process should be user-friendly so that insurance purchase and filing claims can be easily done by the people.
- Global Assistance and Support
The insurance company should have a global support network which the tourists can utilize when they are travelling through the foreign countries. The global assistance should be available 24 X 7 for the convenience of the people too.
- Easy Health Check-up Processes
The requirements for health check-ups of the applicants and their families should be minimal.
- Flexible Policies as per Your Needs
Every tourist doesn’t need the same insurance policy. The insurance provider should have flexible policies that directly address the applicant’s objectives. For example, student travel cover/ individual travel cover/ family travel cover.
- Comprehensive Coverage
Travel insurance should cover all sorts of medical and non-medical emergencies. This includes loss of passports/ belongings, rescheduling of flights and cancellations, home fire/ burglary coverage, compassionate visit coverage, etc.
- Special Plan for Students
The insurance policy must have a separate option for allowing the students to avail a travel insurance plan. The needs of students and the incidents that may happen while they are travelling are different from that of the normal tourists.